View how to do these in our Facebook Group
350g cauliflower florets, stems removed
¾ cup of fresh parsley
1 x(400g) can of butter beans, drained and rinsed thoroughly
100g reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
1 large carrot, cut into sticks
freshly cracked black pepper to taste
2 tbls currants
1 tsp Moroccan stir in paste – or ½ tsp ground cumin
pinch of ground chili powder (optional)
coconut oil cooking spray
Seed mix –
2 tbls pepitas
2 tbls sunflower seeds
1 tbls black chia seeds
1 tsp sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/ 375°F. Line a large oven baking tray with a sheet of baking paper. Spray lightly with coconut oil. Set aside.
2. Next place cauliflower, carrot sticks, parsley and beans into a blender/food processor and process until all ingredients are combined.
3. Transfer mixture into a large mixing bowl, add seed mix, a sprinkle of chili powder, currants, season with pepper and crumble feta cheese into the bowl. Stir through well.
4. Using either a tablespoon or ice cream scoop, shape mixture into balls (size of a golf ball) and place onto baking tray. Place the balls at least 2-3 cm apart to ensure they cook evenly.
5. Spray balls lightly with coconut oil and cook in oven for 20 + minutes or until golden. When done, transfer balls onto a cake cooling tray to cool.
Shar suggests: The Moroccan bites can be consumed cold or hot – simply pop 2-3 into the microwave for 10 -15 secs to warm. I also recommend you serve them with a chunky tomato chutney/ relish. Mouth-wateringly delicious.
Makes: 20 quick bite balls Prep & Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Nutritional Information: per serving (1 Moroccan Bite)
Calories: 48.2 kJ's: 202.4 Protein: 3.4 g Carbs: 3.7 g Fat: 2.2g