canola oil cooking spray
500g jap/kent pumpkin, diced 1-2cm cubes
350g pulled bbq/cooked chicken
1 medium firm roma tomato, thinly sliced
30g light (low-fat) mozzarella cheese, grated
light sprinkle of chili flakes (optional)
2 spring onions, finely sliced
2 whole large eggs
*10 fresh egg whites
freshly cracked pepper to taste
fresh chopped chives, to garnish, when serving
2. Pre-cook diced pumpkin in microwave for 4-5mins – to al dente - cooked so as to be still firm when bitten. (Cooking times may vary depending on microwave power.)
3. Prep eggs. Add 2 whole eggs to your blender/ or Bullet. Next add the egg whites. Pulse blend on high for 20-30 secs.
4. Spray loaf tin lightly with oil. Place the cooked pumpkin into the base of the loaf tin. Next add the chicken, sprinkle over spring onions, and pour the blended eggs/whites over the ingredients.
5. Top with cheese and then arrange the tomato slices on top.
6. Season with pepper to taste, and lightly sprinkle a top with the chili flakes.
7. Place the loaf tin into the oven and cook for 40+ minutes. *Important – after 25 minutes, turn the loaf tin around in oven to ensure eggs are cooked evenly.
9. When done, remove loaf tin from oven, and allow to stand for 5+ minutes before serving. Note – eggs retain heat and will continue to cook once out of the oven.
10. Slice loaf, then plate up. Garnish with chives and serve either on its own, or with a delicious MP Salad. Don’t forget to Flax!
More recipes like this in my Family Favourites Chapter, the NEW Transformation Cookbook
Nutritional Information: (per serve)
Calories: 146.6 Protein: 22.6 g Carbs: 5.5 g Fat: 3.8 g